Resolutions are stupid. Goals and a plan are much better IMO. My goal for 2016 is “don’t forget the little things”. For me, that means getting much better at JIRA.
There are some days where I wonder how all of this works. For weeks now, “seasonal” sickness has been taking its toll on everyone, families, workplaces, suburban and metropolis, doesn’t matter. Everyone has symptoms.
A sample of my 5am train ride early last week, thoughts:
- zip your fly
- kiss your son goodbye
- bring home bag from work
- collect homemade caramel corn jars
- check the online gifts orders on the way home
- (all the work things)
- practice sanchin whenever possible without looking weird
- buy more travel size tissues for backpack
- queue up “thank you” holiday emails and tweets
This is why we have tools like JIRA and Trello. Put it in there, try to get it right, and remember to check it frequently. There’s too much involved in the plans to expect that large goals will be reached without something to keep it together.
JIRA and task completion is my focus this week.